Straight Talk and Smiles with the Invisalign Blog TourFriday, June 29, 2012
So, when I was invited to attend the Straight Talk Event hosted by Invisalign with special guests, Todd Porter and Diane Cu of the White On Rice couple, I was so excited!
Braceland in San Antonio.
Everyone has their childhood stories from the dentist. Personally, I have had my own issues with braces. Let's just say, smiling with my teeth showing is something that you get in my pictures...so the opportunity to learn about Invisalign for myself and my children was very enticing.
A couple facts that really stood out to me were-
- Dental hygiene affects so much more that just a pretty smile! Your teeth and gums are a good indicator of your overall health!
- Straight teeth are easier to clean = Less bacteria = Healthier You!
- Studies have shown that oral hygiene improves more so with Invisalign versus traditional braces.
- Invisalign is a set of prescribed aligners that YOU change every 2 weeks. The length of treatment depends on your individual situation.
- Aligners must be worn for 20-22 hours a day.
- Remove them when you eat, chew a piece of sugarless gum after to clean your teeth and pop them back in!
- Appointments are only every 8 to 12 weeks, less than with traditional braces.
- Invisalign has a special program for teens! Replacement aligners and special indicator to make sure they are wearing the aligners as long as they are supposed too!
Sounds great, right? Easy peasy! You can take a self-assessment on their site first for you or your childe and it will give you a list of preferred Invisalign providers in your area. I did mine! Then, they will email you a Treatment Summary and outline the next steps if you are going to follow through with an evaluation.
Still interested? Mom it Forward is also hosting a giveaway for $1,500 towards Invisalign, but San Antonio readers can also get a $500 coupon here!
Creating memories and smiles are at the top of my list. And as a parent, it is always great to be informed of all the opportunities to help our kids be happy, successful and confident!
Disclaimer - Invisalign compensated me for this post. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.