Dear Summer, I know you're gonna miss us...Tuesday, September 06, 2011
As labor day marks the end of summer, it is a bittersweet goodbye. We have had some of the most fun and memorable moments this summer.
- Our first time as a family at the beach and the Texas State Aquarium
- I was introduced to chicken sausage with this farfalle pasta recipe via High Heels and A Hammer
- Made this yummy Frozen Strawberry Mojito via Heather Ross
- Our first family staycation at the Westin La Cantera
- Meet some great new family friends
- We got our first family pet - Chubby, a girl hamster
- And lastly the many outdoor movies at Hemisphere Park
It has also been memorable, because it has been the HOTTEST summer down here in San Antonio, with record-breaking 100+ degree weather. You can bet we are welcoming the Fall with open arms.
Some Autumn-ish things I am looking forward to are:
- Amazing Butterflies at the San Antonio Botanical Gardens
- UTSA Football - Inaugural Season
- Pumpkin Patches like the South Texas Maize in Hondo
- Baby shower planning for brother & sister in law's first baby via pinterest
- Sea World's Christmas Celebration - An annual tradition in our house!
With the addition of school, our schedules are full of
activities, fun, family, friends and football this Fall.
We wouldn't have it any other way!
What's your favorite thing about Fall and Holidays in San Antonio?